Short Notice SD Saturday 25th Ride!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like we'll have some really nice weather this Saturday. :)

Cooler higher elevations and not too hot in Borrego! :BLAA:

Goop and I already are hooked up to ride and test our new Sena Bluetooth com units.

I'm thinking Montezooooma to Borrego Springs, back up Monty over to Banner Grade via San Filipe Rd (S2), up Banner to Julian, Lunch and ??????

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
So far we have:

Goop-Triumph Speed Triple
ba4x-FZ6
Verharen-GSXR 600
Motogiro- SV1000s

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
IN! :BLAA:

Just spooned new PR2's on the Katoom and we have some cool temps up here too so I'll be riding in parallel with you guys about 500 miles north.

Have fun boys. :rockon:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Update!
Goop-Triumph Speed Triple
ba4x-FZ6
Verharen-GSXR 600
Motogiro- SV1000s
Jblk9695-Triumph Tiger

Last edited:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just checked out that ride on google maps :)....... One word , JEALOUS !!!

Take me with you guys in sprirt :D & if you see Officer J , tell him Humpy say Hi :BLAA: & if there are any other regulars then give them an Aussie G'day for me too :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
IN! :BLAA:

Just spooned new PR2's on the Katoom and we have some cool temps up here too so I'll be riding in parallel with you guys about 500 miles north.

Have fun boys. :rockon:

You do the same! Still wanna see that KTM! :D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Just checked out that ride on google maps :)....... One word , JEALOUS !!!

Take me with you guys in sprirt :D & if you see Officer J , tell him Humpy say Hi :BLAA: & if there are any other regulars then give them an Aussie G'day for me too :D

Will do. In fact, Big Ray in Ranchita always asks about the Aussies and I forget to printout the page where you say Hi back to him. I just printed this and will put it in my bag for him! Lol!

Hope to say Hi to J.Peterson without getting stopped for something. Bryan and I saw him sitting on radar once and we turned around to have a chat. Great guy!

We're so lucky to have all these great roads and rides near us! :D

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking Montezooooma to Borrego Springs, back up Monty over to Banner Grade via San Filipe Rd (S2), up Banner to Julian, Lunch and ??????

Hopefully CalFire will have their fire back under control at Scissors Crossing by Saturday! I'm still trying to figure out why they thought a "controlled burn" was a good idea this late :spank:

Fun route! I've only ridden Monty once. I had to keep reminding myself "Relax, the likelihood of going over the cliff is not really that great." Hopefully the Saturday traffic will be light. All the desert rats will probably be at their destination by that time.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hopefully CalFire will have their fire back under control at Scissors Crossing by Saturday! I'm still trying to figure out why they thought a "controlled burn" was a good idea this late :spank:

Fun route! I've only ridden Monty once. I had to keep reminding myself "Relax, the likelihood of going over the cliff is not really that great." Hopefully the Saturday traffic will be light. All the desert rats will probably be at their destination by that time.

Didn't know they were doing a controlled burn. Does seem a little late and especially on a Sat. The desert rats are picking different areas this time of year because of the heat and we should see less toy haulers on Banner Grade (Rt78)

We'll meet you art the Star gas station?

Was just reading my Sena SMH10R manual and it says. The SMH10R is compatible with the SMH5 so we in fact may be able to pair. The R model may have newer features and software to pair with the 5.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm in!!!
Is what I would say if I lived on the West Coast :(
Have a great ride, you all!

ba4x

Reaction score
Visit site
Didn't know they were doing a controlled burn. Does seem a little late and especially on a Sat. The desert rats are picking different areas this time of year because of the heat and we should see less toy haulers on Banner Grade (Rt78)

We'll meet you art the Star gas station?

Was just reading my Sena SMH10R manual and it says. The SMH10R is compatible with the SMH5 so we in fact may be able to pair. The R model may have newer features and software to pair with the 5.

I have the (older) SMH10 - Can we link up?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the plan:

Goop, ba4x and I will meet at the Mercy Rd. Chevron and head out at 8 am. We'll meet Verharen at the chevron on Main st in Ramona. From there to meet Jblk9695 at the Felipe Rd. meetup and on to Borrego.

Everything will be relaxed so when we get there is the time deadline for the trip Lol! :)

It's going to be really nice tomorrow. I have a neat spot for us to visit tomorrow as long as temps allow us to be in the low desert for a few minutes. It's not far from our planned route

If it's cool enough we'll cross Yaqui Pass to Banner Grade instead of back up Monty. Either way should be great fun riding!:D

Last edited: