Thank yous

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryken

Vertically Challenged
Reaction score
Visit site
I really have nothing to add here.... just posing on this thread because it seems like a good place to get some cheap thanks. :D

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use the thanks button and the rep button as much as I can.A lot of these people are my mates and seeing as a lot of them live outside of Oz it's a lot cheaper than using the phone and saying "thanks for what you said mate "

LittleRed

Reaction score
Visit site
I concur. I quite like the idea of the thanks button- it's nice to let people know when you appreciate their post.

Although there is the struggle of trying to keep a reasonable "Thanks/Thanked" ratio... That puts a lot of pressure on me emotionally. It's quite draining, actually.

cv_rider

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's a cool mechanism to find out if anyone gives a rats ass about what you are posting about. Kind of inspires me to try to say something intelligent or put extra effort into a writeup, etc.

Rich

Reaction score
Visit site
it's a lot cheaper than using the phone and saying "thanks for what you said mate "

So when you are talking to people in real life, are you constantly telling them "thanks for what you said"? You must really be fun conversing with. That's kind of my whole point, you don't walk around conversing with people and thank them every time you think they say the right thing. Why is posting to a forum any different?

I've been thanking you all just to raise your thanks counts. You better appreciate every nerdy bit of it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading this. Thanks for all the replies. Thanks again. :D

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So when you are talking to people in real life, are you constantly telling them "thanks for what you said"? You must really be fun conversing with. That's kind of my whole point, you don't walk around conversing with people and thank them every time you think they say the right thing. Why is posting to a forum any different?

I've been thanking you all just to raise your thanks counts. You better appreciate every nerdy bit of it. :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading this. Thanks for all the replies. Thanks again. :D

But this is not normal conversation, you would not put smilies in when talking to someone on the phone or in the street. This is a Forum.

:steve:

Rich

Reaction score
Visit site
But this is not normal conversation, you would not put smilies in when talking to someone on the phone or in the street. This is a Forum.

:steve:

No, duh, you smile at them in normal conversation.

Not thank them every time their lips move. :D :D :D

THANKS for making my point without even beginning to understand how you did.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well i like to use it, it's a quick and easy way of being nice to someone, of having manners and of letting someone know that their post; e.g the how to posts was of use to people.

By the way CHEMIKER, it's OK contributory really is a word.:D

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No, duh, you smile at them in normal conversation.

Not thank them every time their lips move. :D :D :D

THANKS for making my point without even beginning to understand how you did.

You are very welcome, anytime.

Last edited:

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
So what wrong with being nice, I dont say much on the site but I read a lot of the posts and this is an easy why to say that I appreciate the good post or thanks for making me laugh.

Thanks to you for making me laugh with this post. :thumbup:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Just wondering why they are needed as they just make for more "garbage" in the threads.

Talking about garbage threads... you win for that one...

disp_stupid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.