Water - don't drink it if you are dehydrated...

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
What a joke, how can they honestly say that drinking water will not help overcome dehydration, and then say they will imprison anyone that claims it will. Wow you gotta wonder sometimes, just what kind of people are running our countries.

Marthy

Reaction score
Visit site
Ah well... they haven't said anything about beer. So I'll keep drinking beer to stay hydrated. LOL I wish I was paid to waste my time to come up with stupid $hit like that...

D

Dave.TX

"Last night, critics claimed the EU was at odds with both science and common sense."

Gotta love it. They spent 3 years on this. And they wonder why they're in so much debt. The people who authorized this study and the funding for it should spend 3 years in jail.

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
Dehydration is a clinical condition? Really?

All this time I thought it was a result of insufficient water intake while overheating and overexerting the body.

All those marathon runners need to stop drinking squirts of water every 1/2 mile...it won't help! :eek:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
There is so much going on around the globe and they talk about this? Clowns are running countries nowadays

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
This is a good example of why Europe is in such a mess, common sense takes a back seat to technocratic nonsense. The EU just needs to go away, it was a bad idea when first dreamed up and was poorly executed from the get go. Contrary to what they tell you, all countries and cultures are not equal.

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
EU bans claim that water can prevent dehydration - Telegraph

Seriously... you have to wonder some days...

And I hear pizza (sauce(?)) is now a vegetable in the USA? Good work on that. :spank:

You have to read this thoroughly. They aren't saying water isn't part of hydration. They are saying water can't prevent dehydration. Dehydration is a condition where the body can not retain the water needed for a healthy being. Dehydration is when the body will not, for many conditions/reasons stay hydrated. I think they are stopping the use of the claim that water can prevent dehydration. Water is part of our hydration. Water can help/keep you hydrated. All they need to say on the bottle is water can help hydration
It's really semantics. :D Or is it? :confused:

Our blood has an isotonic balance. Water is part of that and if denied water our isotonic balance will become unhealthy. So if my isotonic balance went off because of a condition not related to the amount of water intake then water would not prevent dehydration.

Think of it this way. You can get a stomach virus and you can't keep anything down. You've gotten rid of all food or water through the waste gate. :rolleyes: You've become dehydrated. You've consumed water as prescribed by all advertisers.You go to the hospital. The doctor doesn't give you a bottle of water.....He give's you chicken, stake n taters and beer in an IV :D

I totally agree about the tomato sauce not being a vegetable. Every one knows a tomato is a fruit! :BLAA:

Tissue hydration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Animals maintain adequate tissue hydration by means of (1) an outer skin, shell, or cuticle; (2) a fluid-filled coelom cavity; and (3) a circulatory system.

In humans, a significant drop in tissue hydration can lead to the medical condition of dehydration. This may result from loss of water itself, loss of electrolytes, or a loss of blood plasma.

Some invertebrates are able to survive extreme desiccation of their tissues by entering a state of cryptobiosis.

:Flash:Still I think they should make the law makers sit with out any water for a while till they explain themselves properly. :D

Last edited:

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
You have to read this thoroughly. They aren't saying water isn't part of hydration. They are saying water can't prevent dehydration. Dehydration is a condition where the body can not retain the water needed for a healthy being. Dehydration is when the body will not, for many conditions/reasons stay hydrated. I think they are stopping the use of the claim that water can prevent dehydration. Water is part of our hydration. Water can help/keep you hydrated. All they need to say on the bottle is water can help hydration

Our blood has an isotonic balance. Water is part of that and if denied water our isotonic balance will become unhealthy. So if my isotonic balance went off because of a condition not related to the amount of water intake then water would not prevent dehydration.

It's just another way that lawyers are ruining the world. :BLAA:

This is the same reason that a cup of hot coffee has to have a HUGE warning label "HOT!!!" Warning labels when you buy a knife or scissors "Caution SHARP object".

All because of a few people so stupid it's a wonder that they can remember to breath, are suing companies and winning.... :spank:

D

Dave.TX

Motogiro too wordy. Me no like to read lots of words. Blah, blah, blah...

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site

Think of it this way. You can get a stomach virus and you can't keep anything down. You've gotten rid of all food or water through the waste gate. :rolleyes: You've become dehydrated. You've consumed water as prescribed by all advertisers.You go to the hospital. The doctor doesn't give you a bottle of water.....He give's you chicken, stake n taters and beer in an IV :D

I totally agree about the tomato sauce not being a vegetable. Every one knows a tomato is a fruit! :BLAA:

Tissue hydration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Animals maintain adequate tissue hydration by means of (1) an outer skin, shell, or cuticle; (2) a fluid-filled coelom cavity; and (3) a circulatory system.

In humans, a significant drop in tissue hydration can lead to the medical condition of dehydration. This may result from loss of water itself, loss of electrolytes, or a loss of blood plasma.

Some invertebrates are able to survive extreme desiccation of their tissues by entering a state of cryptobiosis.

:Flash:Still I think they should make the law makers sit with out any water for a while till they explain themselves properly. :D

Its a really fancy way to not say anything. Water will help you stay hydrated what do you lose when you sweat? Water and electrolites (sp)? This helps you as well as your core tempurature stay down. No fluides equalls high core temp that is what the danger is. Cooking your brian lol heatcramps, heat exhaustion, and heat stroke to treat the former 2 would be to get to shade or Ac. Have the person sip WARM water ( it goes through you quicker) and or if they cannot drink run fluids IV with saline or lactated ringers. And get them to a hospital.

Just my 2. Enjoy

FZ09Bandit

�� Paramedic ��
Reaction score
Visit site
I always told my soldiers that if they were to ever pass out from this I would hook up a bag and run the tubing up there ass ( very fast way to rehydrate ) untill they $hit themselves infront of everyone. They would never forget to drink water. Haha

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hummm...that must have been sponsored by wine makers or brewers.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
It is science, It's is in the English language and as has been stated lactated ringers (isotonic solution) and electrolytes are paramount in hydration and remaining hydrated. Yes you need water to remain hydrated. Yes it is one of the very important components to remaining hydrated! I don't think they're denying that:rolleyes: I think they're saying you can't print "Prevents Dehydration" on a water bottle. :tard:

The hose and a$$ thing are just going to use more energy and make you sweat and dehydrate! :eek::spank:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Blah . Blah , Blah... Blah Blah Blah Blah Drink more RUM :steve: :wav: :rockon: :BLAA:

Science can prove that its impossible for a bumble bee to fly aswell , obviously thats a fail :D

stealthyman

Reaction score
Visit site
I know some who had a bad motorcycle accident that he blamed on dehydration. He was on a long ride on a hot day and had just come out of a long section of deep shade into the sunlight. He didn't see the big rig that had made an emergency stop in the middle of the road and plowed right into the back of it. He said that his eyes could not adjust to the change in light quickly enough due to being dehydrated.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know some who had a bad motorcycle accident that he blamed on dehydration. He was on a long ride on a hot day and had just come out of a long section of deep shade into the sunlight. He didn't see the big rig that had made an emergency stop in the middle of the road and plowed right into the back of it. He said that his eyes could not adjust to the change in light quickly enough due to being dehydrated.

Almost 2 years ago I either dehydrated or over heated in full leathers 80 deg F. playing up and down South Grade Rd on Palomar Mountain. I got in serious trouble and just made it to a convenience store on an Indian reservation. Tunnel vision and all. :eek:

Neal

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost 2 years ago I either dehydrated or over heated in full leathers 80 deg F. playing up and down South Grade Rd on Palomar Mountain. I got in serious trouble and just made it to a convenience store on an Indian reservation. Tunnel vision and all. :eek:

Sounds like you have a workable case in Europe suing for not having warning signs on your full leathers stating it may cause dehydration which can lead to death.