Votes: 12 19.0%
  • 500, 1000, and then follow the manual

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Something else... please explain

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Rotella T - you guys are using wrong weight!

Me? I would use mobil one.
From Alaska to the equator its the best.
It is also great on salad. Unlike that horrible Havoline.
Mobil one has a nutty flavor with a strong after taste of sweet pecans.

Its pretty dang good south of the Equator too. It works East of the International dateline is definately better than West tho.

sorry amsoil here....better than mobil one....I mean they are all great but...

10W40. The higher the numbers, the more heat the oil can withstand. The more higher the numbers, the more THICKER the oil is.

Well since I have noticed that when my engine is still cold (and therefore thicker oil) that it clunks less next oil change I am going to pack the bike with coal.

UrbanJ nailed it.

I want an oil that is light enough to get to the rotating equipment as soon as possible when its cold, yet have a high enough viscosity index (VI) to be able to lubricate effectively at running tempurature. HEHE! In other words, Shell Rotella "T" Synthetic 5w-40. :Flip:

Last edited:

I'm still going with organic baby oil. I steal children and pressure them into oil...

too far???:ban:

I use Shell Rotella T for my FZ6, based on the arguments found here :

All About Motor Oil

... and also because of other motorcycle owners testimony. And lastly because of the price...

All of the convincing arguments against Shell Rotella T I've heard have been about the sulfated ash content, and the JASO rating. The oil 'weight' is significantly less important than many people believe.

I use Mobil 1 Synthetic for my car... but not my bike.
-TK

YAMALUBE 20-50

because I want to!!!! and it is a much better salad dressing then anything else out there (dahhh doahhhhhhhhh donnnnnn)

Wesson oil will make youi go blind. Proven fact.
The only acceptable vegtable/nut based oil is peanut oil. If you put some turkey gravy in with every oil change you will have herds of women mob your bike at every gas stop.

LOL

I love crisco. Can we turn this into the crisco appreciation thread?

Wesson oil will make youi go blind. Proven fact.
The only acceptable vegtable/nut based oil is peanut oil. If you put some turkey gravy in with every oil change you will have herds of women mob your bike at every gas stop.

LOL

I love crisco. Can we turn this into the crisco appreciation thread?

Hmmmm.... I've been spraying my chain with Axe.... That explains some things.

I really prefer Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Best smelling bike around! :thumbup: I just gotta keep "Joey Bag o' Donuts" from licking the damned dipstick every time I park it.

[COLOR=\"DarkGreen\"]10W40. The higher the numbers, the more heat the oil can withstand. The more higher the numbers, the more THICKER the oil is. [/COLOR]

Yo, Elm! You get a hair cut?:D

Don't forget guys - ALWAYS buy an oil that contains a SPERMICIDE. I don't want ANY of you reproducing.....we have enough problems in this world already.

And last time I checked, 15w-40 fell between 10w-40 and 20w-50 anyway (+Yamaha has switched their formulation last I heard). I'm switching to Mobil 1 on my next oil change though because I like the bottle and I feel like I'm treating my bike to a fancy dinner with a hot looking Ducati when I give her that stuff (yes - my bike appears to be a lesbian - get over it). Rotella has a 'dinner with a tranny at a truckstop' feel since it's made for big diesel trucks and is sold at Walmart.

Oh yeah, and whatever you do don't EVER want to use synthetic before 4000 miles (even though it doesn't matter / synthetic isn't really synthetic / nothing bad will happen if you do).

Oh yeah, and whatever you do don't EVER want to use synthetic before 4000 miles (even though it doesn't matter / synthetic isn't really synthetic / nothing bad will happen if you do).

hahahahaha :popcorn: I wanna see who condemns you for that one! not me...

ALWAYS buy an oil that contains a SPERMICIDE. I don't want ANY of you reproducing.....we have enough problems in this world already.

Rotella has a 'dinner with a tranny at a truckstop' feel since it's made for big diesel trucks and is sold at Walmart.

That is so true! :rof:

This thread it going the right direction now!!!

I have never tried Olive oil. I figured Popeye would get mad and run me over with his tugboat. How is that working out for you?

Ahahhahahahhahahah

He looks offended. LOL

Toss the pic up in the PhotoRally thread too please. Its a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back