• 500, 1000, and then follow the manual

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Something else... please explain

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The oil debate

It's becoming really annoying. I went to a shop to buy motorcycle oil and I had to hear the synthetic speech....AGAIN. They both agreed and said "this is racing oil, I use it on THAT bike" and he shows me a ducati 748. So, a ducati motor is good for synthetics while the R6 engine is not racing enough for them....:spank:

just had to vent a bit :)

Re: The oil debate

:confused: I don't understand... they were trying to talk you out of buying synthetic? If this is true someone needs to advise them that when their customer wants to buy something more expensive just because that's what they want to do then STFU and let them ;)

:confused: I don't understand... they were trying to talk you out of buying synthetic? If this is true someone needs to advise them that when their customer wants to buy something more expensive just because that's what they want to do then STFU and let them ;)

Yeah he was trying to talk me out of it....I didn't even respond.

It's becoming really annoying. I went to a shop to buy motorcycle oil and I had to hear the synthetic speech....AGAIN. They both agreed and said \\"this is racing oil, I use it on THAT bike\\" and he shows me a ducati 748. So, a ducati motor is good for synthetics while the R6 engine is not racing enough for them....:spank:

just had to vent a bit :)

Well it's because Ducs are so unreliable that they need the fancy pants racing oil. Where as the Fizzer to soooo good you don't need it. See??? :rolleyes:

Now if it was Amsoil it would magically turn your FZ6 into an R1. Well, at least that's what the saleman told me.

Amsoil 10W-30 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil

I use this in the winter with an Amsoil EA oil filter and it is guaranteed for twice the recommended drain interval. However, I do change at 6-7000 miles. Wet clutch compatable and smooth shifting. No sludge whatsoever. Anyone else use this?

RS:thumbup:

Re: Amsoil 10W-30 Synthetic Motorcycle Oil

In the interest of maintaining FZ6-Forum sanity.
This thread is now closed.
Please use the search option, to discover more than you will ever need to know or care to know about oil.

Nelly

Last edited:
Re: when should i switch to synthetic oil?

I can't let this thread die, what do you guys think about Motul 10W-40 synthetic?

It's expensive and if it's like the 15W/50, it will be neon yellow. The Motul had a reaction with the AGIP in the Tuono and foamed up bad, the first ride after the oil change. I haven't notice any foaming since then, and going on 600 miles since changing.

I just wish I could find some Rotella T in 15W/50.

Re: oil change

As said, 3 quarts (2.96 to be exact).

Also, you can find the owner's manual on the Yamaha site under "My Yamaha".

i always just drained it and filled to the line, never really looked at the qt's because i was using rotella big jug'o synthetic.

Not sure how much volume difference there is between 3.0 quarts and 2.96 quarts. I'm guessing .04 quart would add up to maybe a cap full of oil.

That said, I just dump 3 full quarts of oil into the filler neck and call it good.
Using this method, the dipstick is always right on the mark.

seems to work for me to,putting some of the best oil in today got the ams oil, i love this stuff it doubles the oil change life. and they have some of the best oil filters to:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back