• 500, 1000, and then follow the manual

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Something else... please explain

Votes: 8 12.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Synthetic oil

Use the search tool and put in 'oil'. You'll be reading for about a week, ;)

To give a quick answer - yes. Rotella T is good as well.

Where did you see that everyone recommends amsoil.

Its not my

AMSOOIIIIILLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!! replies is it?

Please if it is that, next time you see me say AMMMMSSSSOOIIILLLLLL!!!!! Say it like your in 300 killing some spartens.

:eek: we stickied (here) an oil thread on purpose... to avoid seeing more of them!!!!!!!!!

I am kidding... or am I....

not really...

:D

I wonder which one is easier to clean of your hands.........................................................................................Hummmmm:eek:.

sorry just tryinf to think of something we havent mentioned about oil.

Please no more oil:stupidpc:

I wonder which one is easier to clean of your hands.........................................................................................Hummmmm:eek:.

sorry just tryinf to think of something we havent mentioned about oil.

Please no more oil:stupidpc:

Hey, will vegetable oil work, they use it in brake fluid. Or hey, hows about whale oil or fish oil. Maybe we could use sewing machine oil? Now, if price is no object we could always use crude oil as that seems to be a hot item nowadays.:thumbup:

Hey, will vegetable oil work, they use it in brake fluid. Or hey, hows about whale oil or fish oil. Maybe we could use sewing machine oil? Now, if price is no object we could always use crude oil as that seems to be a hot item nowadays.:thumbup:
Imagine the responses you would get if you decided whale oil was the way to go.
"My bike can do 30,000 miles in between Blue whales, has anyone noticed that the Minky whale oil seems to attract cats"? LOL
The only thing crude about oil Charlie is the price lol.

PS I do not condone killing a beautiful mammal.
Nelly

Fish oil is high in Omega 3, I wonder if that's good for the FZ? If anything it will lower it's cholesterol.

Imagine the responses you would get if you decided whale oil was the way to go.
"My bike can do 30,000 miles in between Blue whales, has anyone noticed that the Minky whale oil seems to attract cats"? LOL
The only thing crude about oil Charlie is the price lol.

PS I do not condone killing a beautiful mammal.
Nelly

Hey Nelly, does that whale stuff come in synthetic too? We could save a whale ya know...

You are a bunch of grumpy old men if someone new asks about oil tell them without being down grading, oil is good it puts food on my table, but when i have to buy it from someone else it pissssssssesssss me offffff!!!!!!!! but hey just kidding, im sure we have nearly all asked some sort of question on it, i know i have.

Hey Nelly, does that whale stuff come in synthetic too? We could save a whale ya know...
I dont believe it does Charlie, you can get people sympathetic to the brand (Whale)though though, I think Green peace is one of them lol.

You are a bunch of grumpy old men if someone new asks about oil tell them without being down grading, oil is good it puts food on my table, but when i have to buy it from someone else it pissssssssesssss me offffff!!!!!!!! but hey just kidding, im sure we have nearly all asked some sort of question on it, i know i have.
I was doing it tongue in cheek mate. You need to keep these oil threads alive as you have a vested interest being a global oil magnet and all.

Nelly

ps you are right Charlie is a gumpy old fella and I am just grumpy lol

Oil oil oil oil its good it kills wild life when leaked into the sea, it makes a mess of your carpet when you walk it through the house, it leaves lovely stains through your hands when your a diesel mechanic, and when you run out of ky it sure isnt the thing to use.

Re: How to do an oil change

say, i got a question(s)...

1. do you check the oil with the dip stick threaded into the engine? on my old gs500, you were supposed to leave it unthreaded into the engine.

If I read the owner's manual correctly, then you're supposed to leave it unthreaded.

[edit] Oops, old thread. :D

Re: How to do an oil change

2. do you check the oil on the sidestand, centerstand, or do you lean the bike over so that it sits upright on both wheels?

Goes without saying that you check on the centre stand...;)

Its not necessary to have both wheels "upright", once the bike is on the centre stand the engine should be relatively level.

Thanks for asking about the thread in or unthreaded position...i have always been too lazy to check the owners manual.

On the site here, there are PDF's available for the Owner's manual and Service Manual. Do a search for them...they will answer any of the questions you could ever have on looking after your bike! :rockon:

Oil Consumption

Hey all,

I've got FZ6 Fazer S2 '07 and I just returned from a 1100 km trip this weekend. I checked oil and noticed its level is lower than before the trip. I changed the oil 1.5 months ago (bike was at 3000 km) with YamaLube 15W-40 Fully Synthetic. The level was a bit lower than the upper limit (maybe 2-3mm below the upper limit). It stayed like that for 1.5 months city and highway riding. Now, after the 1100km ride, the oil level is a bit lower than the middle of the oil stick.

Do you think this is normal? Thank you!

P.S. We were riding in 4000-10000 RPM range, mostly around 6500.

Re: Oil Consumption

The FZ6 is not common for using oil. No visible leaks?

Also, how many miles do you have on the bike? It will use some through the breakin period but shouldn't afterward provided the rings properly seated.

Re: Oil Consumption

i have not used an ounce of oil since my last change, but i had talked to some people at Valvoline (The manufacturer, not the 20 minute oil change place) and they explained that if there is no leaks and the oil level goes down then it is time for a change, oil will break down and burn away after it's useful life is completely used up and the oil level will drop as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back