New member welcome thread..

2nd childhood

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I did some scanning of this site (and others) when researching my next bike and since I ended up purchasing a FZ6 (2007) I figured I should join. I'd been riding a cruiser (VStar 65) for a few years, but between watching the Isle Of Man TT races and my nephew convincing me I should take a track day class, I decided to buy my first sports bike at age 60. I like the lighter weight and handlability (is there such a word?) as well as the more upright riding position, plus I think the bike just looks cool, especially the exhaust routing. Looking forward to learning from everyone.....

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from Sunny So Cal! :welcome:

Let's all never grow up!! Enjoy your bike and your life to the fullest. :cheer: You've joined an awesome forum - lots of experienced riders/owners to help answer your questions.

cyconutjob

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to all. Have just picked up my new bike- a 2007 F6 Fazer S2 in red. 3800 miles on the clock and looking tidy!

Wheels coming off tomorrow for some new Metzeler Z8's as bike is still wearing original Dunlop rubber.

Lots of great info on these forums. Keep it coming.
9211205602_0d9272609c_b.jpg

truckdude

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi truckdude from Chicagoland here. I sold my 2001 Triumph Bonneville on Monday, saw an ad for a 2009 FZ6 on Tuesday and bought it. To be honest, I didn't know a thing about FZ6's, I was searching for some other bikes including FZ8's on CL and the seller had key word links to his ad. I did some research on the FZ6 and said yeah, that's a good bike for me.

I had done a lot of work to the Triumph and really had it dialed in as a cafe bike. But I wasn't all that comfortable riding it and it wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. The FZ6 seems like a blast and probably safer if I don't get into the throttle too much.

My 2009 had 2077 miles when I bought it from the original owner. He got it at DuPage Honda/Yamaha which is just down the street from my house. The bike is in great shape but I'm giving it a good cleaning, fluid swap and check of all maintenance items. I've also removed some BS fog lights the PO added and fixing his wiring mistakes. I paid $3900 which seemed like a good price with a Haynes manual and soft saddlebags.

Future plans? Maybe an FEK to clean up the rear and LED signals. I don't think I want to make this a naked bike but I think they are cool. I just want to put some miles on this one!

About me: total gearhead, I'm into traditional hot rods and building a '66 Chevy pickup (hence the truckdude name) and a 1927 Ford Model T tub on a Model A chassis with a flathead.

The Old:
1017616_10200270902790923_1494043117_n.jpg

The New (bad camera phone pic in the seller's driveway):

1013491_10200337752702129_641864564_n.jpg

degake

Stop flashing!! G$*%£#
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to our family!! :BLAA:

That's a great bike you've got! :thumbup: Too bad you didn't buy a silver one, as they're the best/fastest :Flip::Flash:

That bonneville looks great also! :drool:

And what about those trucks? Show us your babies :BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk HD

rickgu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all new member here just picked up a 05 FZ6 with 1470 miles for $1500. The guy that had it laid it over once and has some scratches on the left side. But other than that the bike runs great. I change the oil and took it for a 160 mile ride yesterday.
Hoping to use this site for help on all my upgrades.

Sent from my HTC One VX using Tapatalk 4 Beta

b2rad22

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

My name is Brad and i am from Ann Arbor, Michigan area. I ride a blue and silver 2005 Fz6. It's my second bike and has 17,500 miles on it. Michigan summer is not being friendly to bikes currently but i try to ride to work and school on a daily basis.

I am 20 years and studying to be a C.P.A. "What an accountant who rides bikes?!" thats all i heard last tax season as an intern in Public Accounting lol. :Flash:

I look forward to posting pictures from trips and talking with everyone.

CerealKiller

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Everybody

my name is Oliver and I live in Switzerland. I just got a FZ6N 2005 with 24500 KM on its wheels last weekend and I'm looking fwd to get familiar with this lady and hopefully enjoy many seasons with her. Even though she's not the youngest anymore.
I'm impressed by how big this forum is and would probably spend a lot of time reading through experiences, technical details and many stories with and around zhe FZ6.
Moreso I hope to be able to contribute as well with growing experience... must not necessarily be in the hall of shame ;-)...
Greez Oliver

usver

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there, I'm Slava. I recently bought this awesome 2008 fz-6 with only 2.5k miles on it and akrapoic exhaust:))
8f324884e3f911e2bd6e22000aaa07e4_7.jpg

I'm originally from Ukraine, where I rode yamaha srx400 for a while. Now live in Bay Area and looking forward to discover surrounding area with my new yamaha. I'm impressed on how big the forum is and I'm quite sure I'll put my head into reading many posts to make the fz-6 really comfortable travel bike:)

Cheers to everybody and ride safe!

92Bit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, my names Josh. I bought my first street legal bike about a month ago, a red '06 FZ6 with 2,500 miles. I used to ride dirt bikes a few years back so I was thinking of getting a dual sport. However, I am loving the (sport/standard:confused:) bike so far, put on about 1,000 miles in the month I've had it. I am from Harrisburg, PA going into my senior year of college, major is Mechanical Engineering. :D

RideFz6Style

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, my names Josh. I bought my first street legal bike about a month ago, a red '06 FZ6 with 2,500 miles. I used to ride dirt bikes a few years back so I was thinking of getting a dual sport. However, I am loving the (sport/standard:confused:) bike so far, put on about 1,000 miles in the month I've had it. I am from Harrisburg, PA going into my senior year of college, major is Mechanical Engineering. :D

Welcome to a fellow ME! Im going on 3rd year!

jab21

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello "y'all". I bought an '07 FZ6 this last weekend from RicktheFix and brought it back over to Alabama from GA. First bike was a sportster 883 about 13 years ago but sold it to buy a ring and honeymoon to St Lucia (WELL worth it!!). After 9 yrs of marriage and 3 kids, I got the green light to get back on 2 wheels. Was looking at FZ6 and V-Strom but decided the yamaha would just be more fun! Excited to be an owner and glad to be a part of the group.