SoCal Hoons - Summer's End Ride (when?)

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It has been an awesome summer! Shall we go on one more ride this weekend before we start calling them Fall rides? :D

My vote is for Saturday, Aug 31. Or I can also ride on Monday (Labor Day Holiday) Sept 2 if that works for more people. I suggest the Sunrise Hwy & Cuyamaca loop, maybe with a quick up/down on Banner grade? But I'm certainly open to other routes. :rockon:

Who is with me? What date works best?

Updated...

Date chosen: Monday, Sept 2 CONFIRMED
Meet up & Route: See post #25 for meet up point at 10am; post #35 for ride route

Rider List:
Verharen
Motogiro
Goop
Jblk9695
sanctrev
Steve [Jetmechanic]
ba4x
Cali rider (tentative)

Last edited:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
NorCal? :BLAA:

If I didn't have something on Sunday, I might've tried another long trip for the long weekend. Did some math yesterday - in the last six months I rode 8,300 miles. I did 5,100 of it in the last two months. ...Do I win a prize?

Ack! I'm out of town on the 31st. I can do any other day during that 3 day weekend.

Monday works just as well for me. Hopefully it is the best choice for everybody else too!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Can't do the weekend either, my son will be here from Washington state.
Bike is back on the highway:thumbup: Went out today for a 100 mile ride to scrub in the new front tire and just to go for a ride.
Monday might work but I need to check my sons schedule.

Jerry

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
..... Did some math yesterday - in the last six months I rode 8,300 miles. I did 5,100 of it in the last two months. ...Do I win a prize?

I see the "Iron BUTT" trophy in your future!!! No wonder Betty needed a break at the shop!!! :BLAA:

Sadness - first day of rain in months.. .. .. Crisis likely won't be ridden as planned today! :( To bad its Soooooooo Faaaaaar away!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I texted Motogiro about this: there was major flooding in the Borrego/Julian/Banner area today. Major! They were showing some footage and Montezuma was a raging waterfall. Boulders in the road. Crazy stuff! They will need to bring in heavy equipment to move the boulders.

I saw it on the news and exclaimed "That's our road!" :(

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I texted Motogiro about this: there was major flooding in the Borrego/Julian/Banner area today. Major! They were showing some footage and Montezuma was a raging waterfall. Boulders in the road. Crazy stuff! They will need to bring in heavy equipment to move the boulders.

I saw it on the news and exclaimed "That's our road!" :(

:( I wonder how Sunrise is doing, especially after the fire. I'm going to set the ride date as Monday, but we may want to play it by ear on the route. If it's just me, Motogiro, and Goop (and Jerry?), I'm sure we can find somewhere to go to have a good time on our bikes.

If you guys are still in?

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
They had a 5 foot high, half mile mud slide block off traffic on Rt 62 in Morongo Valley! They got torrential rain in Needles and I believe AZ. Time for adventure bikes! Still would've like to be near Monty to see the event!

I think sunrise area might be okay and we can peruse it as we go.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Local hoons might recognize this area...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIyZgiRuJEU]Flash Flood on Borrego Springs Road 8.25.13 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:rockon::cheer:Revised Rider List::rockon::cheer:
Updated...

Date chosen: Monday, Sept 2 CONFIRMED
Meet up & Route: See post #25 for meet up point at 10am; post #35 for ride route

Verharen
Motogiro
Goop
Jblk9695 (tentative)
Cali rider (tentative)
sanctrev (tentative)
Steve [Jetmechanic] (tentative)
Ron [HogSlyr] (tentative)
ba4x (tentative - 9am wakeup call if you have his number? :) )

Last edited:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm trying to figure a way to tell Mrs. Lefty I urgently "need" to go to SoCal again this weekend. :BLAA:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just informed by Mrs. Lefty that I'll be working this weekend due to a large workload of printing that came in today. :(
Oh well, sometimes you have to pay to play....:Flip:

Have fun you hoons!